Carole Carper will be inducted into the St. Louis Media Hall of Fame in the Radio category. She was the first female black news director in the market, working at WESL, KADI and KMJM in the 1970s. Later she became the first female of color to serve on the board of the Radio/TV News Directors’ Association. Inductees are selected for their significant contributions to journalism, management and advertising by the Board of Directors of the St. Louis Media History Foundation.
- The salvation of white privilege
- Creve Coeur woman who sued Des Peres and officers also faces criminal charges
- ‘Breakin’ star Shabba-Doo dies at age 65
- East St. Louis native’s gourmet sauces available soon at Schnucks
- Save your tears over Weeknd’s plastic surgery
- Lee Blount, surgeon, athlete, dies at 88
- Rep. Price calls Missouri House censure vote a ‘political lynching’
- St. Louis pastors say the church must ask Black people to get coronavirus vaccine
- Mayoral candidates answer the question: What does “defund the police” mean to you?
- ArchCity Defenders report names 80 killer officers in St. Louis region, 179 known victims of ‘fatal state violence’ this decade