Cecilia Nadal will receive the Missouri Arts Award for Arts Leadership. As founder of Gitana Productions, she uses music, drama and global education to bring diverse members of the St. Louis region together through cross-cultural engagement. Nadal said, “It is important that the public see how it is possible for an African-American producer to bring the world to St. Louis while also bringing diverse segments of the community together.”
- Civil rights leader, educator and Alzheimer's research advocate Norman R. Seay passes at 87
- Finding passion in helping underprivileged children
- Eight excellent educators
- Hundreds of city cops named in class-action suit stemming from “kettling” arrests during Stockley verdict protests
- Lil Wayne announces via Twitter that he won’t be performing at St. Louis show
- County Prosecutor Wesley Bell looks back a year after beating McCulloch – and ahead
- Visitor from Uruguay alleges assault by St. Louis police at Greyhound station, police deny
- What did Krewson know and when did she know it?
- Why exclude prosecutors from the crime summit?
- New MetroBus Service Plan coming Sept. 30