Denise McField was inducted into the 2019 Missouri Sports Hall of Fame for Track and Field. As head coach at Berkeley High School from 1986 to 1993, McField led girls track and field teams to win state championships in 1990, 1991, and 1993. Originally from Jamaica, she also represented her home country as an alternate in the 4x100 meter relay in the 1976 Summer Olympics. She is now a physical education teacher at Jefferson Elementary School.
- James H. Buford, longtime Urban League leader, passes at 75
- Here are four black coaches that should be considered for the Missouri football job
- Impact and not optics: How we can increase the number of African Americans in medicine
- What the Holy Spirit will do for you
- Citizen video seems to show police planting gun
- Marriage ‘no longer a priority’ for Jim Jones and Chrissy Lampkin
- Can things get much worse in ESL?
- Missouri AFL-CIO endorses Nicole Galloway for Missouri governor
- Clay blasts Trump for slashing SNAP benefits, including school lunches
- Music therapy helps children cope with sickle cell disease