Nettie Collins-Hart, superintendent of Hazelwood School District, was named 2019 Superintendent of the Year by the National Association of School Superintendents. She joined the district in 2016, previously serving in similar roles in Illinois and North Carolina in a career spanning more than 40 years. She will be honored in Washington, D.C. at the NASS IgnitED Conference September 15-17.
- Eight excellent educators
- Civil rights leader, educator and Alzheimer's research advocate Norman R. Seay passes at 87
- County Prosecutor Wesley Bell looks back a year after beating McCulloch – and ahead
- Why exclude prosecutors from the crime summit?
- Finding passion in helping underprivileged children
- Lil Wayne announces via Twitter that he won’t be performing at St. Louis show
- Hundreds of city cops named in class-action suit stemming from “kettling” arrests during Stockley verdict protests
- Music icon and East St. Louis native honored with new cultural center, film
- New MetroBus Service Plan coming Sept. 30
- Malik Yoba announces his attraction to transwomen, his children had no clue