Jamelle Newsome was named a Distinguished Teacher by the Noble Network of Charter Schools in Chicago, one of the leading public charter school systems in America. He is a 2001 graduate of Maplewood Richmond Heights High School and a St. Louis native. Distinguished teacher aims to reward, celebrate and learn from Noble’s most effective teachers. Among other benefits, each Distinguished Teacher will receive $10,000 annually for as long as they remain teachers at Noble.
- Civil rights leader, educator and Alzheimer's research advocate Norman R. Seay passes at 87
- Eight excellent educators
- Finding passion in helping underprivileged children
- Lil Wayne announces via Twitter that he won’t be performing at St. Louis show
- County Prosecutor Wesley Bell looks back a year after beating McCulloch – and ahead
- Hundreds of city cops named in class-action suit stemming from “kettling” arrests during Stockley verdict protests
- Why exclude prosecutors from the crime summit?
- New MetroBus Service Plan coming Sept. 30
- Music icon and East St. Louis native honored with new cultural center, film
- Exciting fights at Shamrock FC 322