Jamilah Nasheed received the Rory Ellinger Legislative Award from Legal Services of Eastern Missouri in recognition of her work to pass Senate Bill 203 to hold nuisance property owners accountable during the 2019 legislative session. She is term-limited as state senator for Missouri’s 5th Senate District. The award is named after the late Missouri state representative.
- Civil rights leader, educator and Alzheimer's research advocate Norman R. Seay passes at 87
- CBC-DeSmet game on ESPN this week
- Finding passion in helping underprivileged children
- Visitor from Uruguay alleges assault by St. Louis police at Greyhound station, police deny
- Hundreds of city cops named in class-action suit stemming from “kettling” arrests during Stockley verdict protests
- Salute to opulence
- Chief justice calls out attorneys for ‘weaponizing’ non-partisan court plan
- What did Krewson know and when did she know it?
- City Garden Montessori to train anti-racist teachers
- Eight excellent educators