Lori Patton Davis was elected as the first African-American woman to lead the Association for the Study of Higher Education (ASHE). ASHE is a scholarly society with 2,000 members dedicated to higher education as a field of study and committed to diversity in its programs and membership. She is a tenured full professor at Indiana University, an East St. Louis native and 1991 graduate of Lincoln Senior High School.
- Update: Mercy must honor its agreement with Jamaa Birth Village
- We are all surrounded by the killers and the wounded
- Beloved keeper of Dunham dance legacy Theodore Jamison passes at 66
- Man accused of felony stalking allegedly also threatened to kill Wesley Bell
- Drug deals and bad food plague corner stores
- Several new accusers come forward against Cuba Gooding Jr.
- ‘God is calling us to face this crisis head-on’
- We need to organize for political power – like Jesus did
- James H. Buford, longtime Urban League leader, passes at 75
- PGA Tour Champions event coming to North County