The Office of Student Support Services is pleased to announce that Alana Parks has joined St. Louis Public Schools as the new director of family and community engagement. Parks brings a versatile background from corporate environments, non-profit agencies and education. Parks, a St. Louis native, attended the Ohio State University as a student-athlete and graduated with a degree in electrical and computer engineering. After graduating, Parks accepted a business analyst position with JP Morgan Chase. She transitioned into education in 2014 when she became the director of engagement for Project Lead The Way. Parks supported both Ohio and West Virginia school districts with curriculum implementation, grants and community partnerships in this role.
- Former abusive relationship has left Taraji P. Henson with part of her lip missing
- Spire’s communication with customers to be investigated
- Black leaders rip Rittenhouse acquittal
- City to expand homeless shelter capacity as temperatures drop
- Tyus, other aldermen rebuke McKee with resolution
- All three men are found guilty of murdering Ahmaud Aubrey!
- Kevin Strickland is free from prison after 43 years, as Missouri judge overturns his conviction
- Federal grant puts West Florissant Avenue on road to improvement
- Family comes first
- St. Louis Circuit Attorney Kimberly Gardner - Unfiltered