Phil Woodmore was named music director for Muny Kids. He has taught choral music for the Ferguson-Florissant School District and is now in his 12th year at Crestview Middle School in the Rockwood School District. He also serves as the director of the Saint Louis Metropolitan Police Department Choir. In May 2020, he will graduate with a PhD in music education from the University of Missouri-Columbia. His original works include “Antigone in Ferguson” and “The Drum Major Instinct” (both premiered internationally in Athens, Greece).
- Why were the black county police officers taken off the promotions list?
- Ferguson ‘largely stagnant’
- Schoemehl trying to woo black influentials to Cara Spencer campaign
- Have an outstanding warrant? St. Louis Court will offer amnesty Feb. 24-27
- Young Leader Profile: Candace Harris
- University City school board president awarded $3,500 by jury in police battery lawsuit
- Lt. Col. Troy Doyle is well prepared to lead
- Doorways to expand housing for persons living with HIV
- ‘Good Times’ star Ja’net DuBois passes at 74
- Robert Kirkland of Sysco St. Louis explores and serves the community through food