Rev. Tommie Pierson Sr. received a 2020 Drum Major Award from Christian Hospital. Drum Major Awards are bestowed upon unsung individuals who have given time, talents, and treasure in service of justice and equality. He is mayor of Bellefontaine Neighbors, pastor of Greater St. Mark Family Church and a former state representative who represented the 66th district in the Missouri House of Representatives from 2011 until 2017 and chaired the Missouri Legislative Black Caucus.
- ‘Good Times’ star Ja’net DuBois passes at 74
- Ferguson ‘largely stagnant’
- Why were the black county police officers taken off the promotions list?
- Lt. Col. Troy Doyle is well prepared to lead
- Schoemehl trying to woo black influentials to Cara Spencer campaign
- University City school board president awarded $3,500 by jury in police battery lawsuit
- Young Leader Profile: Candace Harris
- So much for leveling the medical playing field
- On reformer prosecutors and those who oppose them
- ‘I would love our congressman to stand with the people’