Sowande’ Mustakeem received the Wesley-Logan Prize in African Diaspora History for her book “Slavery at Sea: Terror, Sex, and Sickness in the Middle Passage”. The prize recognizes extraordinary books written about African-American life and history. Mustakeem is a professor of history and African-American studies at Washington University; this is her first book.
- Why exclude prosecutors from the crime summit?
- Eight excellent educators
- County Prosecutor Wesley Bell looks back a year after beating McCulloch – and ahead
- Kevin Hart to need 'round-the-clock' medical support
- Malik Yoba announces his attraction to transwomen, his children had no clue
- New county library will not be a ‘warehouse’ or a ‘Walmart’
- Lil Wayne announces via Twitter that he won’t be performing at St. Louis show
- Harris-Stowe welcomes Class of 2023 in 2019 with Convocation and Rite of Passage
- Gun violence against children leaves broken hearts, empty desks at school
- The police killing of Terry Tillman and the prisoners’ dilemma