Tommie Pierson Sr. is the only African American running for mayor of the City of Bellefontaine Neighbors. The city, whose population is 85 percent African-American, has never elected a black mayor. He is former state representative for District 66 in the Missouri House of Representatives. He is hosting a meet and greet 6-8 p.m. Tuesday, February 5 at Greater St. Mark Church, 1826 Chambers Rd.
- Civil rights leader, educator and Alzheimer's research advocate Norman R. Seay passes at 87
- CBC-DeSmet game on ESPN this week
- Finding passion in helping underprivileged children
- Visitor from Uruguay alleges assault by St. Louis police at Greyhound station, police deny
- Hundreds of city cops named in class-action suit stemming from “kettling” arrests during Stockley verdict protests
- Salute to opulence
- What did Krewson know and when did she know it?
- City Garden Montessori to train anti-racist teachers
- Eight excellent educators
- Chief justice calls out attorneys for ‘weaponizing’ non-partisan court plan