Hip Hop pioneer Kurtis Blow caught a major break from heart problems when he received a heart transplant on Sunday, Dec. 6, according to his wife, Shirley Walker as reported by HipHopDX. A statement from his wife to the Washington Informer said. “We give all glory to God for the perfect heart and transplant. He is out of surgery. Keep the prayers and praises up. God does all things well.” Earlier this year in March, a spleen rupture caused him to have emergency surgery. Following the transplant surgery, Blow is reported to be breathing on his own and doing well.
- ‘Breakin’ star Shabba-Doo dies at age 65
- Creve Coeur woman who sued Des Peres and officers also faces criminal charges
- East St. Louis native’s gourmet sauces available soon at Schnucks
- Save your tears over Weeknd’s plastic surgery
- Iyanla Vanzant is fixing her OWN life
- Lee Blount, surgeon, athlete, dies at 88
- ArchCity Defenders report names 80 killer officers in St. Louis region, 179 known victims of ‘fatal state violence’ this decade
- St. Louis pastors say the church must ask Black people to get coronavirus vaccine
- Mayoral candidates answer the question: What does “defund the police” mean to you?
- East Boogie: Livin’ for the weekend for more than 80 years