Warning: Offensive language
Youth mentor Darren Seals was at a community meeting on Sept. 12, when he received a call from a mother he did not know. She wanted him to speak to her son who was recently shot in his leg, while sitting on his grandmother's porch.
Darren Seals invited the St. Louis American to sit in while he met with the young man, to get a better understanding on how he tries to prevent the spread of the "violence epidemic."
This is a short clip from that one-hour meeting.
Video by Rebecca Rivas, St. Louis American reporter
As featured on
- Community leaders call for firing of Roorda over threat to circuit attorney
- Father charged with murder of Christian Ferguson
- Community groups condemn public safety director for ‘demonizing’ dead children
- How Curves N’ Waves Pool Party changed my life forever
- When keeping it real goes wrong
- Prep Athlete of the Week: Travon Springfield, McCluer North - Football
- Neil deGrasse Tyson to discuss ‘Letters from an Astrophysicist’ at Stifel Theatre
- Want Medicaid expansion in Missouri? Then sign the petition
- Hundreds of city cops named in class-action suit stemming from “kettling” arrests during Stockley verdict protests
- Teen Center of Excellence opens in Ferguson