“We have two things that are really impacting the black community — COVID-19 and overdose deaths,” said Dr. Kanika Turner, who has served as associate medical director at the Family Care Health Center’s Carondelet location since March 2019.
Video produced by Rebecca Rivas, St. Louis American reporter
Footage by Rebecca Rivas and photos courtesy of Dr. Kanika Turner
"Dancing on Fire" by Michael Vignola
"To Edinburgh" by The Highlands
- Wesley Bell will not charge Darren Wilson
- A tale of two prosecutors: Murder witness had very different experiences with Mary Pat Carl and Kimberly Gardner
- Lezley McSpadden says Wesley Bell did not do a ‘proper investigation’
- Eviction crisis looms in St. Louis City, advocates look to presiding judge of 22nd Circuit Court to step in
- Rich Finneran, Elad Gross compete for attorney general as Democrats
- Nick Cannon pledges ‘Masked Singer’ salary to Holocaust
- St. Louis County voters can cast ballots at any polling location on Aug. 4
- LaTonia Collins Smith appointed Provost and Vice President of Academic Affairs at Harris-Stowe
- 'This is one of the most difficult things I’ve had to do as an elected official'
- Reopening schools: is it wise? Jennings Superintendent Art McCoy says it’s risky either way