Michael Brown Jr., who was mercilessly shot by a police officer in Ferguson five years ago, August 9, 2014, was more than a victim and symbol of a movement, he was a beloved son, brother, best man and friend.
The Michael Brown Chosen For Change Foundation has produced a beautiful art exhibit with the help of Artivists STL, which provides an intimate look and detailed depiction of Michael Brown, Jr. by family, friends, and people who’ve gathered to honor him and fight injustice.
For more information on the 5th Annual Michael Brown Memorial Day Weekend (Friday, August 9, 2019 - Sunday, August 11, 2019) please go to https://www.facebook.com/MichaelBrownFoundationCFC/
- Beloved St. Louis stage veteran Linda Kennedy passes at 68
- Elnora Suggs passes at 106
- Chandria Taylor honored for Early Childhood Education at 2019 Salute
- New restaurant in the Loop pairs U. City native music industry veterans
- Larry H. Blue Jr. promoted to senior key account manager at Astellas Pharma
- Charlene Jones granted lifetime tenure at Harris-Stowe
- Federal judge orders overhaul of Missouri’s treatment of juveniles
- ‘Family Pictures USA,’ an exploration of community through photographs, makes PBS debut on August 12
- Trump's message to the world: Keep your tired, your poor, your huddled masses
- Ricky Kidd released after serving 23 years for murder judge says he didn’t commit, Jackson County Prosecutor Jean Peters Baker has 30 days to file for new trial