The Lifetime Achiever in Education Award looked a little different at the St. Louis American Foundation’s 2019 Salute to Excellence in Education Gala on Saturday, September 21. For the first time, the award went to a couple — Charles and Shirley Brown. Among many educators and their numerous former students, the pair of educators need no introduction.
“They come as a package,” said Kelvin R. Adams, superintendent for Saint Louis Public Schools. “They are servant leaders because they continue to give back and continue to show every effort around supporting kids and this community.”
Music by Sophia B. and Assaf Ayalon
- Update: Mercy must honor its agreement with Jamaa Birth Village
- Man accused of felony stalking allegedly also threatened to kill Wesley Bell
- Here are four black coaches that should be considered for the Missouri football job
- What the Holy Spirit will do for you
- James H. Buford, longtime Urban League leader, passes at 75
- Can things get much worse in ESL?
- Marriage ‘no longer a priority’ for Jim Jones and Chrissy Lampkin
- St. Louis picked for First Responder Vaccine Initiative pilot project
- Missouri AFL-CIO endorses Nicole Galloway for Missouri governor
- Clay blasts Trump for slashing SNAP benefits, including school lunches