“The Tigers of East St. Louis’ Lincoln High ran basketball, but the Flyers got one now” — State Championships that is, for the school year 2018-2019, as did the East St. Louis Girls Track Team and the East St. Louis Boys Track Team.
We welcome everyone back to school with this very special St. Louis Americans Sports Break hosted by Sports Editor Earl Austin, Jr. with special guest “From the East Side” Columnist Maurice Scott, which tells the story of a magnanimous year in high school sports in East St. Louis that proves once and for all that -- East St. Louis truly is the City of Champions!
- Brian McKnight family drama plays out across the internet
- Beloved St. Louis stage veteran Linda Kennedy passes at 68
- Super Jam 2019 canceled, popular summer concert was set to star Future and Meek Mill
- Mayor Krewson must serve the public interest, not politics
- Add water and lose weight
- Three schools hire black head football coaches
- Barnes-Jewish Hospital opens new Neuro-Critical Care Unit, among the largest in the country
- Kaepernick’s girlfriend continues to drag Jay-Z following NFL deal
- New restaurant in the Loop pairs U. City native music industry veterans
- Rasheen Aldridge nominated by Central Committee to replace Bruce Franks in the State House