Flynn Park has consistently made academic gains over the years, but what the school community — teachers, administrators and families alike — is really celebrating are the gains in their “social-emotional connections.”
“It’s the relationships we are building with our students,” Principal Nicalee Wilson said. “It’s the safety we are creating. It’s the positive learning environment we’re creating. That is almost immeasurable, what we’re seeing. The students have learned how to express their needs, and we are learning how to meet those needs.”
For their important work, Flynn Park Elementary was named the 2019 Bayer School of Excellence on Saturday, September 21, at the St. Louis American Foundation’s Salute to Excellence in Education Gala, held at America’s Center.
Music by David Charrier
- ‘Safer at Home’ order reduces business capacity in St. Louis County as city of St. Louis limits social gatherings
- St. Louis health care workers are dying on the job. Investigations into deaths offer few answers, rare penalties for employers
- Fourth person charged in Montgomery, grandson of 'Sweetie Pie's' Robbie Montgomery, murder
- St. Louis County executive announces more CARES Act funds for restaurants, other small businesses
- ‘Karen’ visits Questlove’s house to make sure it was his
- Coronavirus resurgence curtails elective surgeries, fills hospital beds
- St. Louis Urban League’s turkey giveaways begin Saturday Nov. 21
- Basketball star Hughes opens Missouri’s only black-owned cannabis shops
- Tishaura Jones and Mayor Lyda Krewson's decision not to run for re-election
- Ciara and Russell Wilson say 'Why Not You?'
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular images.