International opera sensation Julia Bullock returned to St. Louis to co-star in the new Opera Theatre of Saint Louis production "Fire Shut Up in My Bones."
She spoke candidly with the St. Louis American about her life growing up in St. Louis, her experiences as a black woman of mixed heritage in the world of opera, and the ways in which her journey as a performer parallels legendary entertainer and activist Josephine Baker, also raised in St. Louis.
Julia Bullock inspires and challenges young black girls and women who aspire to perform on the stage internationally.
- In latest book, former St. Louis cop writes how problems with cops starts with the stories they tell
- Information & Application Session for census workers on July 13
- Crime Commission president playing dangerous game with circuit attorney
- Gardner’s attorney questions roles of special prosecutor, judge as grand jury is dismissed
- Tali Allen named Director of Education for The Muny
- Police department acted counter to ‘thoughts’ of Public Safety director on Gardner/Tisaby
- Reparations for slavery is not about the money
- Harris-Stowe says goodbye to President Warmack
- Kem and Maze deliver fond and fitting farewell concert for Tom Joyner
- Changing the way we treat young black males