Secrets are revealed and parental discretion is advised. Please don’t miss this video presented by Bass-Baritone Davóne Tines, the star of the original Opera Theatre of Saint Louis production, Fire Shut Up in My Bones, based on the memoir of New York Times columnist Charles Blow.
Grammy award-winning Terence Blanchard championed transforming the memoir into an opera, composed the music and brought seminal screenwriter and filmmaker Kasi Lemmons aboard to write the libretto.
Fire Shut Up in My Bones runs through June 29, 2019 at the Loretto-Hilton Center for the Performing Arts in Webster Groves.
- In latest book, former St. Louis cop writes how problems with cops starts with the stories they tell
- Information & Application Session for census workers on July 13
- Crime Commission president playing dangerous game with circuit attorney
- Gardner’s attorney questions roles of special prosecutor, judge as grand jury is dismissed
- Police department acted counter to ‘thoughts’ of Public Safety director on Gardner/Tisaby
- Tali Allen named Director of Education for The Muny
- Reparations for slavery is not about the money
- Harris-Stowe says goodbye to President Warmack
- Changing the way we treat young black males
- Town Hall Meeting in Florissant on July 15