We Will Not Tolerate Jim Crow Policing - Marvia Gray vs. City of Des Peres, Missouri
WARNING: Video excerpts are violent and disturbing. Parental discretion is advised.
Combined video excerpts from cell phone, surveillance and press conference footage illustrate why on April 18, 2020, Ms. Marvia Gray filed a lawsuit against the City of Des Peres, after she and her son Derek Gray were brutalized by the Des Peres police at Sam's Club on March 23, 2020. The police falsely accused Derek of stealing and claim he resisted arrest.
"We will not tolerate Jim Crow policing!" says John Bowman, President of the St. Louis County NAACP in support of the Grays.
As featured on
- Des Peres police brutalized mother and son, according to suit
- St. Louis County issues travel advisory after social distancing rules flouted at Lake of the Ozarks
- Republicans undo criminal justice reforms under cover of the pandemic
- Missouri’s COVID-19 fatality numbers have doubled in May but could still be missing many deaths
- Public comments sought before next Ferguson-DOJ hearing
- St. Louis County reports 15 COVID-19 deaths, 54 new cases for May 22
- Decision to lift stay-at-home orders was not based on epidemiology, says city’s health board chair
- Preparing to reopen churches – safely
- We've got to strengthen black institutions
- In Loving Memory of Jacob I. Johnson