Free eye exams and prescription glasses to children age 4 through grade 12 will be provided at four St. Louis County Library branches this summer.
The Eye Care Charity of Mid-America will provide preliminary vision screenings in its Mobile Vision Clinic:
- Friday, June 7, 10 a.m.-2 p.m., Natural Bridge Branch, 7606 Natural Bridge Rd.
- Friday, June 21, 10 a.m.-2 p.m., Weber Road Branch, 4444 Weber Rd.
- Tuesday, July 9, 10 a.m.-2 p.m., Lewis and Clark Branch, 9909 Lewis-Clark Blvd.
- Friday, July 19, 10 a.m.-2 p.m., Rock Road Branch, 10267 St. Charles Rock Rd.
No appointments will be made; children will be examined on a first-come-first-served basis. Those wishing to have an eye exam must have a completed parental permission slip.
Children who learn through the screenings that they need an exam or those who already know they need glasses can visit the Mobile Vision Clinic at:
- the Natural Bridge Branch, 7606 Natural Bridge Rd. Friday, June 14, 10 a.m.-3 p.m. or Friday, June 28, 10 a.m.-3 p.m.
- Weber Road Branch, 4444 Weber Rd. Friday, July 5, 10 a.m.-3 p.m. Friday, July 12, 10 a.m.-3 p.m. or Friday, July 19, 10 a.m.-3 p.m.
- Lewis and Clark Branch, 9909 Lewis-Clark Blvd. Tuesday, July 16, 10 a.m.-3 p.m., Tuesday, July 23, 10 a.m.-3 p.m. or Tuesday, July 30, 10 a.m.-3 p.m.
- Rock Road Branch, 10267 St. Charles Rock Rd. Friday, July 26, 10 a.m.-3 p.m., Friday, August 2, 10 a.m.-3 p.m. or Friday, August 9, 10 a.m.-3 p.m.
Parental/guardian consent forms must be completed to be eligible. Forms may be picked up in advance at any SLCL location or downloaded at www.slcl.org/eyecare. Spaces are limited. Line numbers will be assigned based on the order of arrival.